Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Chrysler 300c: my 2014 300c blows it's horn on it's own and

Customer Question

my 2014 300c blows it's horn on it's own and flahers hazards and will not start with remote. The dealer has not been able to debug. My disabled daughter just bought this car and is now SOL.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
You stated that your daughter was disabled and drives this car. By chance does this car have any components added on such as hand controls or any type of aftermarket electrical accessories?
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It is factory std. 📯📯 blows
Hazards flash. Maybe alarm system integrated.
Will not remote start. Error message is. Hood ajar please help. Switched out relays. No improvement. Daughter had car one day. We were told it was a lease car
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
From what you are describing, it seems that the alarm system is tripping due to a faulty or misadjusted Hood Ajar Switch. This switch should be located on the right side under the hood near the right strut tower. Try adjusting the switch first to see if it fixes it. If adjustment doesn't help, replacement may be needed...
Here are a couple pics of the Hood Ajar Switch for your reference....

--Click here to view--

--Click here to view--
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .
Thank you!
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No switch like this to adjust. 2014 Chrysler 300c.looked everywhere
On hood latch panel. Your picture of different car
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that, I have since found out that the Hood Ajar switch on your 2014 vehicle is mounted to the Hood Latch. Let me round up additional info and I'll post it for you...
I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here...
Here is a pic showing the location of the Hood Ajar Switch:

The hood ajar switch is ONLY available as part of a Hood Latch Assembly. Depending on your vehicle options the part number for this assembly is either 68261142AA or 55113787AB. They both list for $77.40 for the part.
From what I can tell, there is NO adjustment on this style of Hood Ajar Switch. If the switch is bad the complete hood latch must be replaced..
______________________________________
Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please keep in mind, If you are not happy with your answer and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for your answer is GREATLY appreciated and is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem with alarm system is much more than hood latch. 📯 blows like crazy. Flashers stay on til I unlock doors with
Killed battery and I had to jump start. Took back to dealer. Maybe he should replace the computer where these systems are controlled from.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Is is very possible that there could be a module failure but the Hood Ajar switch can cause all the described issues. Since it is now at the dealer, I suspect that they will find the problem and repair as necessary..
If you have additional questions or need a second opinion on the dealership's diagnosis, let me know what they tell you and I'll give you my thoughts....
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will suggest to dealer.then will advise
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Cool, I'll be here if you need me...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be glad to give you a good rating so you get paid
I may need to pick your brain on Monday
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
No problem, You can leave the rating any time you like. I'll be here either way for follow up questions...
Thank you,
Robert