Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: this is Joe my 2001 PT has a

Customer Question

this is Joe my 2001 PT has a P1782 and P700 codes. seems to work fine if I let the engine cool down (driving to work OK and going home it will not get out of 2nd gear. local shop wants me to got a trans shop. I'm capable of changing the TCM but the 1782 the mechanic said was an internal pressure switch. can you advise
thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youthe pressure switch isnt internal,it is part of the solenoid block located near the dipstick[it is what the wire harness plugs into],,these solenoid blocks are known to go bad from time to time.replace the solenoid blockPLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].www.dropbox.com/s/914gj0pef5elh6d/0730-pt-Transmission%20Solenoid%20And%20Pressure%20Switch%20Assembly.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.https://www.dropbox.com/s/914gj0pef5elh6d/0730-pt-Transmission%20Solenoid%20And%20Pressure%20Switch%20Assembly.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help