Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler PT Cruiser: Issues with 2001 PT cruiser. Purchased

Customer Question

Issues with 2001 PT cruiser. Purchased car used as it needed work that the owner couldn't afford. Dealer told her it needed a new computer, cluster and oil sensor. The speedometer and gas gauge weren't working. I verified these issues with the dealer.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the brain/computer and just changed the cluster. Gas gauge and speedometer still not working! Also replaced the battery.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to help you determine the cause of the gas gauge and speedometer not working the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see what fault code and or codes are setting. Most part stores besides those in California will run a scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you from there.