Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler Sebring LXi (Coupe): I have a 1999 chrysler Sebring

Customer Question

I have a 1999 chrysler Sebring 2.5 lxi coupe this car runs excellent on the freeway and we'll through the city but when u let it sit overnight and try to start it, it coughs sputters backfires and putts until five to ten minutes of trying to start it it finally catches and starts up I can't seem to figure this out?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! my name is ***** ***** I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! Sounds like the check valve in the fuel pump is failing and allowing fuel to drain back out of the fuel rail and fuel lines and back to the fuel tank when the vehicle sits overnight. That will cause a loss of prime and fuel starvation at the first start of the day. If the fuel pump in the tank has never been replaced, then you may want to try that next. I work at a Chrysler dealer and see this exact same problem every now and then. Replace the pump, I think this will take care of the problem.
Chris