sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country Touring: how do i get the starter

Customer Question

how do i get the starter out of a 08 T&C
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the starter loose all the bolts are out but there is no way to remove it. The exhaust is in the way and so is the motor mount. What's the general steps for removal.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The motor mount bracket has to be removed for clearance to remove the starter. There are two bolts from the mount to the lower crossmember, start by removing these. There is a long bolt that goes through the mount connecting it to the bracket, remove this bolt and remove the mount.
Then the mount bracket will need to be removed from the engine and trans. There should be two 15mm bolts on the lower side of the bracket, one to the engine and one to the trans. On the top side of the bracket mounts to the bellhousing where you'll find an 18mmm bolt going through it and into the block.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the starter out without having to move anything. Why would you put me through that when it was not needed.