Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Chrysler LHS: cant set toe to spec after customer replaced

Customer Question

cant set toe to spec after customer replaced inner/outer tie rod
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.-From your description it sounds like the customer installed the adjuster sleeve and outer tie rod wrong the correct procedure for replacing the outer tie rod end is in the link below. Or the inner tie rod replaced was for the wrong side. The outer tie rod ends are the same, but the inner tie rods are different from side to side.-Tie Rod End Service & Repair-I hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any questions please let me know.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you. Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.