sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country LX: hear buzzing under hood for

Customer Question

hear buzzing under hood for weeks and that was bees..lol..car stalled several times,they replaced the recall ignition part on my 2008 t&c van---same day stalled again and lights on dash work but car wont turn over or click or anything..dealer had had for 2 weeks and they cant figure it out.they know its electrical.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die and not restart. If it died while driving and now the starter doesn't engage then I suspect the powertrain control module is down. The PCM is the module that controls all engine functions. If it's down it could be an internal failure or a loss of power or ground to it. A loss of power or ground could be a wiring issue, blown fuse or a failure in the TIPM, the module/fuse box under the hood.
They've had the van in a broken state for two weeks and haven't been able to determine what is wrong?