sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country Touring: Thanks. I just replace

Customer Question

Thanks. I just replace the window motor on an 05 T&C. I get everything back together and the lock will only respond by pushing or pulling it. I did reconnect the arm. I have the same problem after replacing the sliding door actuators. They lock, but you don't see the lock move.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds as if the door will lock manually but not with the power locks. If you hear nothing when pressing the power lock button then the issue is electrical, if you do hear the actuator attempting to lock and unlock then it could be a mechanical problem.
If the lock rod was somehow binding then it could cause it to not fully lock or unlock electrically but if you're able to move it by hand with no trouble then that probably isn't the case.
If you hear nothing then either the lock actuator in the latch has failed, it may be disconnected for some reason, or wiring may have been accidentally damaged when the window regulator was removed or installed.
What you'll need to do is remove the door panel and see if the wiring is undamaged and make sure the latch is plugged in. If everything is visually ok then you can unplug the latch and set up a test light across the lock actuator terminals, if it lights up when pressing the lock switch then the latch can be condemned.