Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I just had an accident similar to several of those mentioned

Customer Question

I just had an accident similar to several of those mentioned - '99 Chrysler Concorde - I had just pulled up to the curb at a gas station and stopped..As I was shifting from drive to park the car suddenly kicked into reverse at full throttle and struck a car.The car is totaled I'm sure-my question is,who do I take it to in order to determine what the problem was - needs to be a mechanic whose determination would stand up in court and would be accepted by insurance companies.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no big rush- It seems like a problem with the throttle mechanism...I believe they're electronic nowadays.Are you aware of similar problems with the '99 Concorde ? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
I am sorry but there is paper trail per say stored in the vehicle to verify what happened. The only way to do that is with a scan tool in the vehicle while its occurring then capture freeze frame data. If the car is drive able and safe ( I doubt it being its totaled) a tech may be able to drive and duplicate this, though that will not effect your insurance provider, they still view its a collision with the driver at fault. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris