Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler PT Cruiser GT: 2005 pt cruiser convertible turbo GT.

Customer Question

2005 pt cruiser convertible turbo GT. Only 26000 miles. Ac just stopped working this week and started blowing hot air. If the compressor seems to be turning on, are there any other simple fixes to check first, before I replace the whole system? Should I replace the pressure valve on top of the AC unit? Are there any a/c fuses to worry about? Is there any place you recommend that I take the vehicle in Austin Texas so that they 1) are able to fix it, and 2) don't rip me off. Best regards, Christopher
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The first thing you need to do is to have the pressure in the system checked by installing a set of pressure gauges and reading the freon pressure , normal pressure on a full system with the compressor running should be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. It not very likely you are going to need to replace the complete system. Any good automotive shop can do the AC diagnosis and repair. Start first with having the pressure checked.