Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Chrysler: I'm going insane. 3 hrs trying to find rear suspension

Customer Question

I'm going insane. 3 hrs trying to find rear suspension clunk in 12 t&c. Not shocks, diagonal torque beam, fuel tank, spare tire, exhaust. Loudest when going forward over bump at 10 mph or so.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. Does this van have a rear sway bar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Outer sway bar link was my first guess, but it doesn't have one. I disconnected both shocks, but the noise remained.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
I've also seen a loose brake pad rattling over bumps. Try holding the brakes slightly while going over the speed bump. If it was a loose brake pad the noise will not be present while the brakes are partially applied... Try this and keep me posted...Thank you, Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You nailed it, Robert! Right rear caliper had no bolts holding it onto the bracket. They were missing. Caliper body just flopping around there. But captured between rotor, bracket, and inside of the wheel, so it wasn't going anywhere... Never seen anything like that, and never would've thought of checking that. Thanks a million! – – Andy
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Cool, I'm glad I was able to point you in the rightr direction...Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through My Profile Page(Bookmark this link). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer! Robert If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly"Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question! Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.
My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert