Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler Pacifica Touring: I have a 2005 chrysler pacifica

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chrysler pacifica touring we have teplaced the egr valve due to the car having problems when idling but it didnt fix the problem. Is there something else we need to change maybe a hose got damaged or something?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Does the car idle at all? Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not alot but it has. Not while im sitting at a light but it idles very rough then its almost like it catches itself. Sometimes when i take off from a stop it wont engage then it surges and takes off
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Have you cleaned the inside of the throttle body? Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think it has. Is there a valve or something else that might need replaced can u replace the throttle body?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, a poor idle can be caused by a throttle body that has become coked up with carbon deposits. When the throttle body gets dirty, then the airflow going around the throttle plate gets restricted. This can cause low or no idle and sometimes stalling when coming to a stop. The other thing it may be is an idle motor that is sticking and cannot react fast enough to maintain an acceptable idle. I recommend purchasing a can of spray throttle body cleaner and clean out the inside of the throttle body. Be sure to clean the throttle plate paying attention to the edges of the plate (follow the directions on the can). If you still have this problem, then replacing the idle motor would be the next step. The last thing that it may be is a worn Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). It can send erratic voltages to the PCM (engine computer) and cause idle problems, so keep that in mind also.Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this, Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much we will try that
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome!Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris