sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Lebaron: I have a 1995 Chrysler Lebaron. The top will

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Chrysler Lebaron. The top will no longer go down automatically. Checked the fuses but they are fine. Motor is most likely in need of replacement. However, in the meantime, will it hurt to put the top down manually and if i do that will I be able to pull it back up?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
No, as long as you don't force the top down by hand you won't hurt anything by doing so. It will just need to be lowered slowly and evenly - if you pull hard on one side while the opposite side isn't wanting to move then you can damage the structure.
I'm not showing a pressure release on the motor so you'll be working against the fluid in the system but you'll be able to raise and lower it slowly by hand.