JacobTD
JacobTD, Mechanic
Experience:  Years as Mechanic
19108227

Chrysler Town & Country LXi: I replaced my radiator and

Customer Question

I replaced my radiator and topped of the fluids, checked for leaks and noticed both fans are not coming on, I replaced the 40 maxi fuse but still nothing. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today..The fan relay could just be bad bot is there power to the fan motors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's just it, I unplugged both fans and put my tester in both and nothing lit up.
Is the coolant temp sending unit a possibility?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Yes but it is more times than not the fan control relay.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Do you want the test for the relay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I replace the temp sending unit?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I would have to say to check the relay, like I have been saying but it is up to you, thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Do the fans come on when the AC has been running for a few minutes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the relay, no they don't come on with ac on.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
It seems that you forgot to mention that. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.
.
*******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ********
Expert:  JacobTD replied 1 year ago.
Hey, my first move would be lazer temp check with manufacturer specs for temps when the fan would come on. When u turn on ac... the other fan should come on within 5 mins of norm opt temp. Honestly, id start and run while monitoring the gages, holding 2300 rpm will speed this up. The fan really shouldnt come on unless you sit standing for longer then 10 mins or so.. it varies on make models and altitudes.
Expert:  JacobTD replied 1 year ago.
Yes you are correct the temps SENSORS tell the comp when to switch them on or off. The comp switches the ground NOT the positive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the 40 amp maxi fuse and I didn't realize there is anoth relay that is placed in front of the radiator on the bumper basically. Could that one be the problem and is there a way to test it?