sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler 300c: EricMy 2005 300c has a sound like a relay

Customer Question

Hi Eric
My 2005 300c has a sound like a relay going on and off somewhere under the dash every 10 to 15 seconds or so and it is killing the battery
this goes on with the key in ignition or not and there are no lights going on anywhere have you seen this before ?
Gerry Dugas
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I would first suspect an aftermarket alarm or remote start that is failing. There isn't anything under the dash besides the amp and transmission control module an neither of these contain relays that power anything. It's possible that one of these is staying awake and killing the battery though, or the noise may actually be coming from the instrument cluster.
Have you removed the knee blocker to try and see were the noise is coming from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no auto start or anything other than factory it has remote door locks
CD and radio you the noise is like a big. Relay or a solenoid coming on and off seemingly every 10 to 15 seconds
I will see if the CD drive works properly
Everything else works normal
Did you buy the car new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CD player works fine but I just felt a thump on the passenger seat so I played with the heated seat switch on and off a few times and the noise has stop ed 5 minutes now the indicator in the switch was not lit I am now sitting on the pass seat to see if it still heats up(###) ###-####call me in 5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it in 05 the owner of dealership was the only guy who drove it first 6 months had 80,000 Km
The heat works in the seat and the noise is gone thanks so much
Gerry(###) ###-####
Great!