sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country: I just put a new AC compressor

Customer Question

I just put a new AC compressor /accumulator/expansion valve/evaporator on a 1999 chrysler town and country. ...AWD with rear air.......pulled vacuum. For an hour...held vacuum for an hour.....no leaks.....charged system.....by weight....clutch engages...........builds head pressure. ....but then it gets hairy........the clutch will not cycle.....it runs the whole time.....building head........and producing warm air.....cooling fans do kick on......but compressor/clutch will not cycle....it runs continuously. ......the parts were changed due to a compressor lockup and contamination of the system.....outside temp is 80°F 70% humidity. .......is the ac pressure transducer causing it to run all the time......this particular compressor doesn't have a built in high pressure cutoff switch like alot of denso compressors.......
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that the transducer is inaccurate and not allowing the compressor to shut off when it needs to but if the system is functioning correctly then pressure would never be that high. If high side pressure is too high then there is either a restriction in the system, the cooling fan isn't pulling enough air through the condenser, or it's overcharged.
Does it cool while driving at 30-40 MPH or more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fixed it already.....
Great!