sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I need to pull a PT Cruiser radiator and

Customer Question

I need to pull a PT Cruiser radiator and am looking for tips and instructions
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine will run fine for a while then start overheating. Fluid is always low when checked after overheating.
Cleaned the reservoir out and it was full of junk, thinking someone put "stop-leak" in it at one time.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The first step will be to remove the body mounted hood seal, remove the screws that hold the grille and remove the grille. Push down and pull forward on the grille to disengage it.
Remove the hood latch and ten remove the core support.
You can either remove the radiator fan by itself or you can remove it along with the radiator and swap the fan over to the new radiator outside the car. If you remove the fan while in the car you'll need to remove the battery, unplug the fan connector from underneath, and remove the 10mm bolts that hold the shroud to the radiator.
From underneath you can either drain it by loosening the plug or you can simply remove the lower hose. After it's drained then remove the upper hose.
You can either pull the condenser with the radiator after evacuating the system and removing the lines at the condenser, or you can remove the two bolts that hold the condenser to the radiator and lift it up to disengage it from the lower hooks on the radiator.
once the condenser is free or the lines have been removed from it then the radiator can be removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Due to rain I have not been able to follow your instructions.
Is there a better way to run the cooling fan? I notice several stand-alone temp controllers for this radiator.
You can wire it to run off an aftermarket fan controller but you wouldn't really gain anything other than being able to turn the fan on and off at a different temperature. It also wouldn't run for a/c unless you wired it to also have the capability to manually turn it on and off with a switch, and then remembered to do it each time the a/c or defrost is turned on.