Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Chrysler 300c: I'm having trouble accessing the pink plastic

Customer Question

I'm having trouble accessing the pink plastic part that fails in the shifter. I got the 2 cables disconnected but still can,t lift it out of the console. it is still bound from the back of the console.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Ok, in order to remove the shifter assembly from the vehicle, you must pull the center console for access to allow the shifter to come out...
I'm posting the recall procedure that is used when performing this repair. Note that the instructions include removing the Center Console...
Attachment:

Click Here

Most 07 300's are included in this recall. If you post the last 8 digits of the VIN, I can check to see if your vehicle is included in the recall. If it is, you can take it to the dealer to be repaired for FREE....
Keep me posted and let me know if you have additional questions...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please keep in mind, If you are not happy with your answer and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for your answer is GREATLY appreciated and is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...