Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I have recently purchased a used 2005 Crossfire convertible.

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a used 2005 Crossfire convertible. I am having a problem:
When I run the car a short distance and turn it off, It won't start again. When I turn the ignition it doesn't do a thing. No clicking. It has a new battery and everything works when the key is turned on. It seems like it doesn' have any power to the starter. If I let the car sit for a couple of hours, it will start again. I had it towed to the deal and by the time it got off the tow truck theyturned the key and it started right up.
When the car does run, it doesn't miss a beat.
Runs great and shifts great. It has 68,000 miles on it.
Right now it is back at the dealer where I purchased it.
Afraid to drive it any great distance for fear of getting stranded
HELP!!!!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.-From your description most likely the Pulse Module, aka. Relay Control Module is the culprit. The Pulse Module controls the low amp side of the starter, it simply signals the starter to start and spin the starter until the engine is running. The Pulse Module also prevents the starter from accidental engagement once the engine is running. The Pulse Module when replaced has to be programmed with a dealer level scan tool to the vehicles security system. Your dealer should be able to see the signal from the Pulse Module to the starter and not see the signal when it fails. The signal just has to fail when they are looking at with their scan tool.-I hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any questions please let me know.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you. Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.