sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Pacifica: My 2004 Pacifica a/c blower motor(s) (both

Customer Question

My 2004 Pacifica a/c blower motor(s) (both the front and the one in the console for the middle row seats) has stopped working. It seems odd that both motors would stop at the same time. Could this be a power module/resistor issue?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the front blower motor failed slowly and there are no other electrical problems then you almost certainly have more than one problem going on at the same time. If the front blower motor slowed over time and then stopped then it either had a poor power or ground or the motor failed, almost surely the motor has failed.
With the front blower motor turned on have you tested for power and ground at the terminals for the motor connector?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not. I know that the motor is somewhere under the dash. Isn't it odd that the motor under the dash and the motor for the middle row seating should fail in exactly the same way, at the same time? I am no mechanic by any stretch, but that, in my mind, sounds like a power failure somewhere. Is there a fuse or something that could be the culprit? I've seen parts stores sell this thing called a "resistor block". Could this cause the symptoms described if it went out? If so, any idea where this gizmo is located?
It isn't as likely that two motors would fail at the same time but definitely possible.
You have blower motor power modules rather than resistors.