Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Plymouth Grand Voyager SE: Does the engine start, run -3

Customer Question

Does the engine start, run for 2-3 seconds and die abruptly?
Hi, I saw you ask someone this question. My 97 plymouth grand voyager has been doing this and it only happens when the cluster goes completely out. Is there a way to fix this?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  JacobTD replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like you have a faulty ignition switch. Or possibly a failing ignition relay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked the ignition relay and it was fine. I didn't realize the igniting switch would cause the while cluster to go out and show the abs light.
Expert:  JacobTD replied 1 year ago.
Yup it can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took apart the dash to check the connection to see if I needed to replace cluster. And I unplugged not put some dielectric grease on it then put it back together and everything worked fine. I locked the doors with the key fob and came back 20 minutes later unlocked with key fob and it didn't work again. So I took it apart again but when I put it back together I left the part covering the cluster off and it's worked ever since. But I haven't used the key fob to lock and unlock the doors just the key. Should I still replace the ignition switch?