bill
bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert
5203640

Chrysler Town and Country: The lower trim panels on front driver

Customer Question

The lower trim panels on front driver and passenger seats keep coming loose on my 2012 Town And Country. I just recently purchased this vehicle. when getting into the front driver and/or the passenger side the lower seat trim where the power seat controls are, keep coming loose. Is there a fix for this. the panel fasteners look like plastic and are looking rather ratty.
Help!! Phil Stanton
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
the correct fix is replace the side panel,as i remember the panel has been updated to a bit more robust design with slightly stronger plastic, as it only has snap clips holding it in place with 1 long screw hidden, and depending on the mileage it MAY be covered under the factory warranty, the reason fro this panel failing, and it is NOT just on the minivan it runs along any carline from any make, is the previous owner sliding off the seat and catching the panel when they exit, this is more common with larger framed people or older people, if it was a previous rental it is not uncommon to see trim panels damaged and never fixed, most rentals have a very hard life.