Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chrysler PT Cruiser GT: trying to remove lower control arm

Customer Question

trying to remove lower control arm on a pt cruiser, the bolt just spins. I cut the access hole in the floor, how can I hold the nut to remove the bolt?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youDO YOU HAVE A WELDER?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no welder
OK
can you get to the bolt through the access hole you made?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, tried vice grips they just slip off.
ok..there isnt a whole lot of ways of doing this,,you need a welder to tack the head so you can break the bolt loose
or,,
you will need to remove the complete crossmember so you can get to it
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/38jqm48u2i88h9j/0711-PTCRUSIER-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/38jqm48u2i88h9j/0711-PTCRUSIER-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help