sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler 200: , randomly my car will make a beep ( seems

Customer Question

hi, randomly my car will make a beep ( seems to be when I'm turning but not 100% sure ). sort of like a warning beep however nothing comes up. my change oil message has been on for a while but it's never done this before.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you're hearing the chime that comes on with warning lamps but you aren't able to see a warning come on then the most likely cause would be low brake fluid. As the brake pads wear fluid is displaced from the master cylinder reservoir into the caliper pistons, lowering the level in the reservoir. The reservoir on these are fairly small. When the level gets low enough then the level switch will start to open and close as you brake or turn. There is a point where the level will be an in area where the switch can open and close quickly and you may not see the brake light come on. the first thing I would recommend is making sure the brake fluid level is topped off to the full mark and see if the problem goes away.