sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chy PT curiser 4 dr wgn: I have a 2001 PT curiser and I am

Customer Question

I have a 2001 PT curiser and I am haveing problems with the horn and fogg lights
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You don't mention what issue you're having with the fog lights but I'm assuming they aren't working. If they're not working then it could be a blown fuse, wiring issue or blown bulbs. If the fuse is good and there was no visible heat damage to the multifunction switch connector then you'd definitely need to start by checking the bulbs or checking for power at them with the lights on.
If the horn is sounding solidly on it's own (not timed on/off bursts) then the horn relay control circuit is grounding for some reason. It could be an internal issue in the clockspring in the steering column, wiring from the column or RKE module to the relay, the RKE module, or a bad horn switch. A bad horn switch would be most likely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all the things you are saying ,but when I turn my turn sigins on to the right my fogg lights come ,but when I turn to the left there ok,and when turn the key off the fog lights will say on
That's an internal failure in the multifunction switch. The used switch you installed has the same issue as your original.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No you didn`t help me ,I had done all the things you said ,So I am still trying to figure it out,But I can see that just answer didn`t waste anytime takeing my money
The problem is that you installed a used part that wasn't any good. The problem you're having was common on these and is caused by a failure in the multifunction switch. It will need to be replaced with a new part.