sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Pt cruiser: my pt cruisers sunroof is leaking. it sounds as

Customer Question

my pt cruisers sunroof is leaking. it sounds as though something is loose in it and it won't close all the way
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If it isn't closing all the way then you most likely have a broken guide. The glass attaches to the guides on each side, the guides are connected to the cables that are pushed and pulled by the motor to open and close the glass.
If it's rattling and not closing all the way yet the motor works then you almost surely have a broken guide. AFtermarket guide repair kits will run on the $120 area you were told about. Ebay is usually a good place to find these repair kits.
It will take about a half day of labor to disassemble the sunroof components, diagnose the issue and replace the guides. Depending on local parts and labor prices $500 is about right for the lower end of the cost spectrum.