sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler 300: Nice to meet you Yim, I have recently recplaced

Customer Question

Nice to meet you Yim, I have recently recplaced my AC pump on a Chrsler 300 2008 now its not cooling bery effectively. I'm yold I need to replace teh vapor pump, trying to go to a local repair shop, is it a big job?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There isn't a part called a vapor pump on the vehicle, there may have been a terminology issue with whoever described the part or repair needed.
If the a/c isn't cooling well it may be the replacement compressor, a cooling fan issue or restriction in the system, but the most likely cause would be low charge. It may not have been charged correctly when the compressor was replaced or the system may have a leak.
Did it work correctly when the compressor was replaced?