Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chrysler PT Cruiser: P T 2002 failed inspection . code po505engine

Customer Question

P T 2002 failed inspection . code po505
engine light is suppose to be on but is not what can I do to correct this.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youdoes the engine light come on with the key on and engine off?does this code come back after you clear it?does the car idle well?tell me all you can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue is that with the engine on the light is off but the report states that it is on. Giving it a rejection sticker. how do I correct this problem?
but..does the light work?
does the engine light come on with the key on and engine off?
does this code come back after you clear it?
does the car idle well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
code does come back after cleared and driven over 100 miles miles
it appears to me that the engine light might be blown/
ok
you will need to replace the engine light,,it must work...
the code you are getting it for the iac[idle air control] motor.it may be bad and needs replaced or the wiring to is may be damaged
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.