Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler Town and Country: I have a 2013 town and country and

Customer Question

I have a 2013 town and country and just purchased a rack for the back of my car to carry my wife's scooter. We are palnning a long trip with 6 people and their luggage plus the scooter on the back. I am concerned about the additional back weight. Do I need to get some air schock or what would you recommend?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The best way to compensate for the added load of the scooter and your passenger and luggage would be to install some air shocks which you could adjust to maintain the load and ride height.Doing would would be the best way to solve this problem for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Monroe Muffler recommended instaling shock adsorbers with a coil spring? Is this a better solution? This would be similair to struts
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Stiffer shocks will stiffen the ride but will not do much for ride height. With the amount of weight you are going to be carrying I would still go with the air shocks because then you can control the ride height and compensate for the added load.