Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I have a 2005 PT cruiser convertible with

Customer Question

I have a 2005 PT cruiser convertible with 76,000 miles. I've had no work done on it and have not disconnected the battery. When smogged in NV it was rejected because the O2 sensor and Catalyst monitor wasn't ready. I've driven it around for a week and they still aren't ready. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Do this: first make sure the tank has over 1/4 tank of fuel. Then Start the engine cold, and asap, drive at a super steady 60 MPH for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then pull over and let the engine idle in gear for 1 minute. Now drive at a super steady 45 to 50 mph for 2 minutes. Pull over and let her idle for 1 minute. Shut it off for 1 minute and then restart it. If all was done correctly, it should have now passed those monitors. I am In Sacramento and do this drive cycle all the time. 9 times out of 10 it works. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris