Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Chrysler Crossfire: I am the original owner of a 2007 Chrysler

Customer Question

I am the original owner of a 2007 Chrysler Crossfire that was purchased March 2008. It has just over 32k miles. The problem for last 2 years is the passenger air conditioning intermittently blows HOT air. You hear a slight sound almost like something closing, and bingo... hot air. If you let the car cool off, if is fine until it happens again. My dealer is Massey Yardley Chrysler in Plantation Florida. My father was a Chrysler exec for over 30 years and worked with Mr. Yardley, so we still use him.
Car VIN 1C3LN59L98X072264. The dealer actually told me that there is no one at Chrysler that knows anything about this car and I should maybe take it to Mercedes... after spending 5845.00 on parts I obviously did not need. They have replaced coolant flow valve 3 times, leaky valve switch, evaporator core & a/c switch, control, valve pkg & drier and problem still exists. Srv mgr & tech drove car for a couple of days to see if problem fixed. NOPE.... I cannot be the only one with this problem... I also still have my 2005 crossfire with appx 42k miles and this issue never happened with other car!
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine info: EGX-3.2L V6 SOHC 18 valve engine. 6 sp manual transmission. (2005 also 3.2L 6 sp manual)
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component to cause this here is the hot/cold/temp actuator for the passenger side.If it is acting up intermittently electronically this occurs.If this has not been checked/tested this needs done to see if it needs replaced.
Thanks Pete