sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler lhs: 1997 Chrysler lhs crank no start

Customer Question

1997 Chrysler lhs crank no start
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are many possible causes for a no start condition. You may be missing spark or fuel pressure. It would be a good idea to either check fuel pressure or see if it will run on carb cleaner. If you have no fuel pressure then most likely the pump has failed, or if you hear the pump running then you may be out of fuel. It wasn't uncommon for these to be towed in out of fuel with the gauge not reflecting actual fuel level.
if it's missing spark then the most likely cause would be the cam or crank sensor or improper cam timing.
How were the cam and crank sensors tested?
Do you have fuel pressure?
Have you checked for fault codes?
Have you physically checked for spark?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check all that something's not turning the computer on test at computer to the plugs all work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cam and crank sensor were tested there in spec workS
How specifically were the sensors tested?
You physically checked spark and there is none on any cylinder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no spark on either cylinders took the motus and back probed cam and crank sensor were inspec lI could command the computer to make spark
You labscoped the cam and crank senors and they both produced a 5v square wave signal?
You have no spark on any cylinder but it produces spark with an actuator test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes to all
The PCM is seeing the cam and crank signals out of sync then. It could be a broken flexplate but it's almost surely improper cam timing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulled cover check timing was lined up tooker mirror and looked at the flywheel didn't look broken or cracked could the alarm turn the computer off for no spark or not send a signal to the computer turn the computer on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or a broken wire from the inside coming out to the computer
You won't be able to see a broken flexplate without removing it.
Factory security allows the engine to start and kills it by taking away injector pulse. The only thing that will cause a loss of spark with the cam and crank senors operable and the ability to actuate the coils, is incorrect cam/crank sensor sync or an incorrect waveform from either sensor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its going on midnight here is there a time I can contact you tomorrow I have to get up in 6 hours
You can reply back at any time. I'm a full time tech and work during the day but will respond as soon as I am able if you reply while I am offline.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks I'll contact you tomorrow
You're welcome!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
call me when you get time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you call when you get time
I'm not able to talk on the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any way that you can call me
I am not able to talk on the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anyway of checking the flywheel in the car 4 cracks
You're unlikely to see a flexplate break without removing the flexplate from the crankshaft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any drivers that are in the dash of the speedometer cluster that would turn this computer on for spark
There's nothing inside the car that affects spark.