sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Sebring: my key alarm stopped working so i had

Customer Question

Hi my key alarm stopped working so i had to unlock my door with my key now my alarm wont stop
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Assuming you have only factory security it should have disarmed when unlocking the door with the key. There is a disarm switch on the back of the lock cylinder that sends a signal when the key is turned and security is disarmed.
Most likely the driver's disarm switch has either failed or has fallen off the back of the lock cylinder. The door panel will need to be removed and if the switch is still in place then electrical testing will need to be done to confirm the switch has failed.
In the mean time assuming the rest of the system is functioning correctly unlocking the passenger door or the trunk lid with the key should disarm it.