sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler PT Cruiser Street Cruiser: My PT Cruiser 2009 appears

Customer Question

My PT Cruiser 2009 appears to be having an electric problem. I changed the coil box new cables and spark plugs. It seems like it is going to start but doesn't my mechanic says it's the computer chip that needs to be reprogramed.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that could be causing your no start. I'm assuming that it doesn't start at all, rather than starting and dying abruptly.
If it doesn't start at all then you're either missing spark or fuel. You could have a failed fuel pump or pump wiring issue, it's even possible that the fuel is contaminated if this happened not long after getting fuel.
If it's missing spark then it could be a crank sensor issue, wiring, the TIPM, or incorrect cam timing.
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to check for fault codes. Do you know if any codes are setting?