Arench
Arench, Master Technician
Experience:  30-years experience auto and truck repair.
13630601

Chrysler Voyager: , my 2004 Chrysler voyager engine light

Customer Question

Hi, my 2004 Chrysler voyager engine light has recently come on. Fault p0032. Mechanic not available for 2 days. Can I drive the car with this fault or does it need to be fixed before driving
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Arench replied 1 year ago.
Good morning (or evening in your case) my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this issue. The fault P0032 involves the front oxygen sensor. Most times you just need a new sensor, sometimes the sensor had already been replaced but the vans are fussy and want the OEM Chrysler part. On rare occasions the fault is a busted wire or faulty engine computer software or hardware. It's a matter of opinion as to your question whether to drive it or not. My opinion is not to drive it unless there is an emergency. The reason for my position is because the front oxygen sensor is part of the system that adjusts the fuel supply to the engine.With an oxygen sensor malfunction the van can use too much fuel which not only wastes money but also can damage other parts such as the catalytic converter. Perhaps I am too conservative but I am not a risk-taker. Thank you for using our service, reply if you need anything further.Mike