Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chrysler Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Chrysler: I have an 03 PT Cruiser and the battery light is

Customer Question

I have an 03 PT Cruiser and the battery light is on I put in a new battery and so far it starts fine I stareted it and disconnected the + terminal and it sill runs
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
The alternator has 3 diodes in it and when one goes bad the Battery light will com on and still charge, but as soon as another one goes bad it will not charge at all and kill the battery. The problem is you wont know when one of the other ones goes bad so thats why they make the light come on to tell you the alternator needs replaced ASAP.
Guaranteed to take care of the problem, and dont let a parts store test it and say its good because they dont know as much about these circuits as i do. They sell parts only.....and sometmes act like they fix them too...lol
Happy Holiday my friend!
Larry
I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.