Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler 300: Trouble starting Chrysler 2008 300.Key fob

Customer Question

Trouble starting Chrysler 2008 300.
Key fob will not crank car. Only small round red light comes. So I started using key instead. Worked for past three weeks. Now key is starting to behave the same way. Takes 10 more turns to get it to start. Sometimes if I just hold key in the start position for a few minutes it will all of a sudden make contact and start.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
The red light is your security light. It's very likely you have a bad key. I would call a locksmith and ask if he can program keys and if so have him come out and program you a new key and see if it resolves your issues..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** ***** ***** suspect that both the fob and the physical key would go bad at the same I also mentioned that after switching to the physical key it is still an issue which seems to suggest an issue outside of the fob, no? Again, with much respect, I'm Honestly disappointed with the $16 answer to just call a locksmith.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
The proper way to diagnose and repair your vehicle is by connecting a scantool to retrieve the codes from the WIN module to determine the cause. We see bad keys almost on a daily basis and that's why I suggested you call a locksmith to program you a new key to save you a tow bill.. This is not something you can do yourself as it will require a scantool to check the codes and even program the new key. If you don't have a scantool such as the WITech I use here at the dealership then you will A: need to have it towed to a dealership or B: call a locksmith... I'm sorry for the bad news, but I'm just stating the facts.. Glad I could help,Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I mean I get that. Just thought it might be a little more check this or try this exchange. Maybe a poor expectation on my part. So lastly, you have no suspicion that it might be the ignition switch, realizing you have a limited amount of information.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Yes it very well could be the WIN module(Part you stick your key into) but again I would need to see what codes are in the WIN module before I could decide...And there is more testing but with a scantool and there's not anything you can do on your end..