sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country: I have a 2005 Chrysler Town &

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country. It has a 3.8 liter, V-6 engine and 4-speed automatic transaxle. Lately, when I start out from a stop sign or light, I cannot take off fast because the transmission won't shift up like it should. I have to ease it up to speed to get it to shift without racing the engine. This is the biggest problem if the road is uphill. Once it is up to speed on the road, it runs fine until you come to a hill. The transmission fluid level is fine and the color is fine.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Without knowing exactly what symptoms you're having I believe you my be feeling a lowered rev limiter. It's possible that the trans is slipping under load but then it would go into limp in and lock you in second gear, which you didn't mention.
If the RPM's bounce up and down and are limited on acceleration then you're feeling a lowered rev limiter, usually due to lost cam signal or a cam/crank sync issue.
Have you checked for fault codes?