Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Chrysler 300 C: I put a new audio system in my 2005 300c and

Customer Question

I put a new audio system in my 2005 300c and I activated the immobilizer is there anything I can do before i tow it to the dealership
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** a 16 Yr Chrysler dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...
Is there a red security light on in the dash? Do you have another key to try?
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's a solid red light on
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
The red light is your security light and the only way to start it is with a valid key. If you don't have another key to try then you will need to have it towed to your nearest dealership to be repaired. If it's a bad key they run 185.00 and 55.00 to program it.. If it's a bad WIN module which you stick your key into they are around 300...
I hope this helps,
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have another key but it doesn't hold a battery because the holder for the battery is broken
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does the battery have anything to do with it? Can I go get duplicate keys made or is it the motherboard inside the key thats giving me problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whats a win module? Do I have to tow the car in for programmed keys
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
The WIN module is the part you stick your key into. It's a good possibility it's a bad key and you can try calling a locksmith and see if they program keys like yours. If so it will save you a tow bill but the keys needs to be programmed to the vehicle before it will start..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok im driving so give me a sec
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need anymore assistance.Brad