Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

Chrysler Crossfire: I have a 2004 Crossfire that apparent

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Crossfire that for no apparent reason the car alarm is going off. It goes off and then the alarm shuts off by itself. Any ideas why?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
the alarm has its own siren module, it is located in the passenger side fender well between the wheel and the passenger door area, the siren has a internal battery and when the battery inside starts to fail the alarm will go off for no reason, you can just remove it with no issues, just make sure the alarm is not going off when its unplugged or the alarm will keep going off until the internal battery dies. hope this helps, here is a picture of the siren i will upload it also.http://www.mediafire.com/view/57ff192sz39qedc/203-209%20alarm%20siren.jpg the picture does not look like your car but it is the same .