sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Ck engine light on--no code! engine has 58,000 miles. Dealer

Customer Question

ck engine light on--no code! engine has 58,000 miles. Dealer wanted to sell me new computer for $1000.
oil pressure light on after engine warms up, full oil, engine does not overheat
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Assuming oil pressure is actually ok the most likely cause for the oil light staying on would be a failed sender, although it could be a wiring issue. Oil sender issues aren't uncommon.
It's pretty unheard of for an engine light to stay on without a fault code set but there are a few things that can cause it. The problem could be in the instrument cluster, some older vehicles had a hard wired circuit for the engine light that could be shorted to ground, or the problem could be in the powertrain control module. If the PCM is commanding the engine light on with no codes set then the problem is definitely in the PCM, I'm assuming that's what they found. Before condemning it I would at least try a battery disconnect and make sure the software is up to date.