Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chrysler

Customer Question

Type Your Question Here...
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
****PLEASE, CALL ME AT(###) ###-####******
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is pretty urgent that we get this issue corrected asap. The car is may mother's whom is not in very good health ad uses the car often to get back and forth to her Doctor's appointments.
I was pretty clear as to what happened. No problems with the car. It just stopped running without warning and having started since. You can put the key in the ignition and it doesn't make a sound, but everything else still works.
The starter was checked and is said to be ok.
I put a new actuator pin in and no change.
*****If it may be more easier for you to contact me by phone, please cell me all at;
Home #(###) ###-#### Cell #(###) ###-####
I do not do phone calls and being I am the only one whom responded it seems no others wanted to call on this issue either. Below is teh starting circuit for this car. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/ptstart.png Remove the start relay, is there power to the coil side and relay side when trying to start? If so leave the key in the run position and jump a paper clip across both switch isde pins at the removed relay, does it crank and start? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please clarify your question? My mechanic skills are limited. I have knowledge of working on can car motors and repairs but when it comes to the electronics of a car I have no knowledge. But I do know that the Starter is good. I was told to try to put new actuator pins in the ignition but still won't start.
Do you know where the starter relay is and how to remove it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, I removed it and the starter relay is good? What is next to try, please?
So you did all of the prior steps I mentioned.Remove the start relay, is there power to the coil side and relay side when trying to start? If so leave the key in the run position and jump a paper clip across both switch isde pins at the removed relay, does it crank and start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The guy that is trying to fix my mother's car just got back with me concerning the problem. He did as you suggested and when he jumped the paper clip across both switch side pins it would just turn over but wouldn't start. Can you tell me what we should try next? I don't know anything when it comes to working on cars but I have a friend that is trying to help me with my mom's car when he can. This is why it takes a little time to get back to you each time so please have patient. Having this car fixed is very important t my mom to get back and forth to her doctors appointments. I do thank you for your time and assistance in his matter.
The delay and the fact there is someone else needing to do the work for you. I think its best I let someone else help, since it is just not my style.