Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler pt cruiser: Hey I have a 2009 pt cruiser and the charging

Customer Question

Hey I have a 2009 pt cruiser and the charging system light, the mil is on while the rpm and km hot and cold and fuel guages are not working..what's the problem?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing my be caused by a failing instrument cluster but in order to determine if that is the case you are going to need to have the computer system scanned and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the MIL and Charge lights are coming on. Most part store such as Auto Zone will do a scan for you at no charge. If you can get the fault codes and post back here with them I can direct you in the correct repair.