Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chrysler 300M: 1999 Chrysler 300M 159,000 miles 3.5L V6

Customer Question

1999 Chrysler 300M 159,000 miles 3.5L V6 Hi Output has a miss at idle and goes away as soon as rpm increases when gas is pressed to go and runs smooth, gas millage no different and check engine light will come on and code is defective coil #1, I replaced coil and still the same and same code came back switch coil with another and still same results what can I check now.
Thank you,
Wayne.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This would either mean the ECM or the wiring has failed. At coil verify one wire has good power. If so you will need to check resistance between coil and ECM, resistance should be under 5ohm if not run a new wire between ECM and coil. It is a tan/red wire that goes to pin 11 of connector 1 at ECM. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.