sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 96 LXi I havent been able to get my windshield wipers

Customer Question

I have a 96 LXi I havent been able to get my windshield wipers fixed, I have taken it to the same mechanic and maybe thats my problem. My blinkers work sometimes, my radio comes in and out, my hazard lights will come on when the car is parked and turned off. Do I have a spook in the electrical system?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The radio woudln't be related to the other issues and could be the radio itself or a loss of power or ground, the radio itself would be most likely.
The rest of the issues could be related, the multifunction switch could be causing a problem with the hazards, turn signals and wipers.
What has been done to try to repair the problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the multifunction switch. I am not sure exactly what has been done. I know they replaced the wiper switch that didnt work. Im not a mechanic but my guess is that the steering column needs to be taken off and look for a loose wire
The multifunction switch is on the steering column.

All the problems didn't start at exactly the same time did they?