Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

Chrysler 300 Touring: can an independent shop reprogram my

Customer Question

can an independent shop reprogram my powertrain control module?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Unfortunately there is no standard yes or no answer to this. Some independent shops have made the investment in Chrysler DRB scan tools and software and are able to do the reprogramming, while others have elected not to spend the $5000 or so for this.
The only way to find out is to call your local independent shops and ask if they have a DRB compatible scan tool and software. If they do, then they can do the programming. If not, then you will need to call around until you find one that does, or take into a dealer.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks