Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler Town and country: Changed fuel pump, filter, injectors,

Customer Question

Changed fuel pump, filter, injectors, and plugs. Now it seems to not be getting fuel after a mile of driving. What else could it be? Any ideas? 1994 town and country awd 3.8 liter
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would start with installing a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel system and monitor the fuel pressure on the new pump when the problem is occurring. Normal fuel pressure on a properly working fuel pump needs to be right at 46 to 50 PSI, anything less then 46 would indicate the new pump is defective. Check this for me and post back and we can work from there if need be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that. Pressure is at 40 psi
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay then with 40 PSI you should not be running out of fuel, has the computer been checked for fault codes and if so are they any?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has not yet. But check engine light is on now. Wasn't before these changes.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay lets get the computer scanned and that should give us some idea what is failing, post back with any and all fault codes and I will advise from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is pulling code 24.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The code 24 indicates you have a problem with the TP (throttle postions ) sensor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have changed that. Seems to run better. Thanks a ton.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome and thank you as well.Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.
Thank you again.