Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

Chrysler pacifica: I have a 2008 chrysler pacifica. Sometimes

Customer Question

I have a 2008 chrysler pacifica. Sometimes when turning off the vehicle, the radio will continue to play after removing the key and opening the door. the door chime will also continue to play. To turn it off, i have to start and stop the car several times until it stops.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
By what you are describing tells me the ignition switch is bad. Not the actual key cylinder but the electrical switch that bolts to it. The switch is sticking causing the car to stay alive and think that the key is still in the ignition. You will have to have that replaced. They are inexpensive. Under 50$ I believe. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry it took me a while to respond. The information you sent sounds very probable. I looked for guides/you tube videos on replacing the switch and did not find anything (at least for a Pacifica). How difficult is the repair? Can you provide steps? I understand it may take more of your time and I am therefore willing to pay more for the answer. Thanks again!

Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
Yes I will upload the Info for you. It's not a problem at all!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much!

Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
Ok hopefully these are all legible. They may not be in order but it should be everything to replace the switch. Let me know if there are ANY issues. Lou
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/cjkeom7lc5jeh
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will absolutely continue to help if you need follow up information, all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you, i appreciate it, Thank you , Lou.

Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.