Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Chrysler 300 Limited: I have an 08 Chrysler 300. Fuse 29 in

Customer Question

I have an 08 Chrysler 300. Fuse 29 in the trunk keep blowing. When fuse blows gas gauge speedometer and temp gauage don't work. All warning lights display and wont go off
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The fuse shorting out like this here indicates either a component on that fuses circuit is shorting out internally and needs replaced or the wiring from that fuse leading to those components is shorted and the wiring needs inspected to locate the source of the short then repaired from there.
Most likely one of the components on the fuses circuit is shorting causing this fault needing repaired.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have 6 codes the code up. Maybe this can point me in the right direction.

U0121

U1110

U1120

P0463

P2068

P0571

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If you clear out these fault codes do all of these codes come right back again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
This fuse powers the anti lock brake control module,instrument cluster,front control module,PCM (engine and transmission computer),sentry key and remote key less entry module.
With this fuse shorting out you will see the codes set above.The short needs to be located in order to repair the fault here.I would disconnect these one at a time to locate the cause of the short and the one that is disconnected that allows the fuse to stay operational is the component needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete