Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler PT Cruiser: i have a 2006 pt cruiser and the

Customer Question

Hello i have a 2006 pt cruiser and the ac is not working... There is no power going to the compressor and no power going to the accumilater i see in this model year there are no fuses for the compressor could it be a relay gone bad or something on the cooling fan? Thanks danny
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) gets a ground signal from the pressure switches if pressures are normal. The PCM then grounds the Dark Blue/Light Green wire at pin 11 in the white connector at the PCM. This wire goes to the TIPM on pin 10 in the C1 (labeled A) at the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM ). The TIPM then sends B+ to the clutch on the Dark Blue/Yellow wire at pin 7 in the C10 (labeled J or K ) connector.
See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20switch%20Jun%2024.pdf